Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Drunk Driver Reverts To Islam In UK








A British young woman, who was caught driving while drinking, has told the court that she plans to stop drinking alcohol altogether after deciding to revert to Islam. " I am going to change my life, and I am going to get married." Mariana Jesus of Beechcroft Road, Grantham Lincolnshire, was quoted by Grantham Journal On Monday, January 13. " I am converting to Islam and I am going to never drink again. Jesus was caught driving while slightly over the alcohol limit, last December 14. "It happened because I had been to a Christmas dinner, I was going home and I did not realize that I had drunk too much>" Jesus said. " It was three o'clock in the morning, I apologize for what I did, but I have learned from it" she added. Britain is a home to Muslim community of 2.7 million. A census announced last December found that proprtion of Muslims also rose from 3.0 percent to 4.8 percent, becoming the fastest growing religion in Britain. Islam takes an uncompromising stand in prohibiting intoxicants. It forbids Muslims from drinking from drinking or even selling alcohol. The general rule in Islam is that any beverage that gets people intoxicated, when taken is unlawful. both in small or large quantities, whether it is alcohol, drugs, fermented raisin drink or something else. Courtsy (onislam.net)

No comments: