Sunday, July 7, 2013
Two More Deaths Reported In Saudi Arabia Due To MERS Coronavirus
Two more people died od SARS-like coronavirus MERS, Saidia Arabia's health ministry said bringing death toll to 38 dieing of the disease, shortly before the holy month of Ramazan begins when a large number of Muslims come to Mecca for Umra. A two-year old died in Jedda while 53-year old man died in Eastern province, where the outbreak has been concentrated. Four people have died outside the Kingdom. The ministry said another three people had been confirmed as being infected with Middle East Respiratory Syndrom (MERS), bringing the total number of confirmed cases inside the kingdom to 65 since it was identified a year ago. On Friday the World Health Organisation said MERS, which can causde fever, coughing andpneomonia had not yet reached pandemic potential may simply die out. More than five million ( unofficially) travel to Mekka Mukarrama for Haj, though Saidia has cut the number of visas due the expansion work of mainm Mosque (Haram Pak), because WHO said last months that countries countries at risk from MERS should place in plans for handling mass gatherings.