Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Monday, July 16, 2012

Jennifer Officialy Quits American Idol Show








Jennifer Lopez has officially quit US talent show American Idol - just a day after rocker Steven Tyler announced he was leaving.
The On The Floor singer revealed her decision today in a tearful phonecall to a radio show hosted by Idol presenter Ryan Seacrest.
She told Seacrest, “When I signed on to Idol I signed on for one year and I wound up doing two years because I just fell so in love with the show, everybody there and I didn’t know I’d be so moved emotionally by working on the show.
But she went on: “Something has to give. I really was dreading this phone call, and you’re gonna make me cry. I honestly feel the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do that I have kinda put on hold because I love Idol so much. I could keep just doing Idol for the rest of my life but that would be giving up a bunch of other things. We had an amazing run.”
The singer hinted yesterday that she was planning to quit, telling a US TV show: “I am thinking that maybe it’s time for me to go and do other things that I really love to do.” But she insists she hasn’t shut the door on Idol completely, revealing she’d be happy to return for guest spots on the show. –TS
She added, “I feel like no matter what you guys need over there, I’m always gonna be here. There’s just that tie there; I just don’t know if I could be there every single day.”
The announcement comes the day before Lopez kicks off a major North American tour with Enrique Iglesias.

No comments: