Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Follow by Email

Google+ Followers

Google+ Badge

Monday, January 26, 2015

Calpol Medicine Declared Dangerous For Health








Calpol, a medicine used in most homes for comforting childhood aches, has been declared dangerous by health professionals due to its main ingredients- pain-killer medicine paracetamol which causes liver damage and even death ate a overdose. Calpol is used to treat childhood conditions such s fever, earache and teething trouble. Doctors have urged the company to make the medicine less appealing for children as an accidental overdose of paracetamol can cause liver damage and in rare cases prove fatal. Calpol is now available in strawberry taste and pink colouring which makes it more appealing to children. In the statistics of Health and Social Care Information Centre UK was revealed that at least 1,691 children ageing from one to four were admitted to hospitals in 2012-13 due to accidental poisoning by medicines including non prescription piankillers ibuprfen, paracetamol and aspirin.

No comments: