Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Why The Launching Of Website "Harvard Connection" Was Delayed


Mark started working on the construction of website and the same night they met for dinner, Mark sent an email to twin brothers that he had checked the site thoroughly, and he was sure about its working and he would understand by next day that what has to be added or deleted. Next day Mark sent another email to the team members," I have completed work on one of the two registration pages and site has started working fully on my computer, I will do more work on the website to enable it for launching, I will keep all of you aware of the progress." The emails showed that Mark had been working with zeal on the site and want to be a sincere member of the team. But, after a few days the mode of emails started changing and Mark posed himself to be too busy in his educational activities. He sent an email to Narindar and his friends on December 04, 2003," excuse me friends you could not find me on mobile phone, I got your 3-4 miscalls, actually I was busy due to working on my personal computer science problem." During next week Mark friends received 2 emails in which Mark told them about being busy in solving his own problem.At last Mark met the team members in his dormitory on December 17th, he seemed active in doing their work and told them that website was nearly completed, but neither he showed them the site nor they asked for. The "Harvard Connection" team received an email from Mark on January 08, 2004," Excuse me I could not contact you during the last week because of my three programming projects and my final paper that i have to submit by Monday. However we will talk about the site on next Tuesday. But I think time is not set yet for launching the website as much work has to be done".
Mark got registered the a domain with the name," The facebook.com" on January 11, 2004. Mark met the team after two days for the last time and but did not tell them about the registration of his social networking site the face book. But, said ," I fear that "Harvard Connection" would work efficiently. My educational projects are so many that take a lot of my time, therefore I am unable to work on your site further". Two weeks after this last meeting Mark launched the website the face book dot com on February 04, 2004. Cameron, Tailor and Narindar came to know about the website through the press release published in the magazine of Harvard University on February 06, 2004. When they visited the site they were too angry because the website was based on more or less of their ideas and concepts.

No comments: