Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Amitabh Bachchan was TB Patient In 2000








Amitabh Bachchan has revealed that he had contracted tuberculosis in 2000, when he had just started shooting for 'Kaun banaga Karorpati'. Bachchan said," I was a TB patient years ago, I have never spoken about it on public platform but now it is the time. If it could happen to me, it can happen to anyone. I weak and I had lost appetite. Blood tests revealed I had TB." This he said at a function while launching a TB awareness compaign. He is roped in as a brand ambassador for the awareness compaign and is hopeful he would bring the same positive differences to the TB compaign that he brought to the polio awareness drive. He added that he underwent treatment for a year, "I was in a good environment and I was fortunate enough to get healthy food". He said earlier Tb patients were sent to sanitoriums but now best treatment is available here.

No comments: