Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Thursday, October 12, 2017

A 25-year-old Indonesian Muslim Girl Traveling Alone (Video)




a 25-year-old Indonesian Muslim woman has been traveling in Asia alone and shared her experiences and reactions of people who encountered her on her escapades. Anissa Syifa Adriana, saved $ 1,000, and left her job in August 2016 and then went on to explore different countries in Southeast Asia, Her travel includes a 550 miles motocycle trip through Southern Vietnam before she opted to settle down as an English teacher in Northwestern China. She narrates a particular incident in Thailand which occurred between her and her male hoste at a hostel. " He was very hesitant and asked" Are you sure you can hug me?" Little gestures like that would happen a lot on my trip. She also talked about how her experience was shaped by the way she dressed as well. One of the focal points of the interview was how her travel experience was impacted by her religion. she also said that while traveling with the Hijab, her immigration process becomes lengthier. "I received a lot of judgement from other Muslims because of how I live" She said while sharing how comments on her Youtube videos were. The " Not Muslim Enough" label has been thrown on her multiple times. "Someone left the comment you are a Muslim and you should not be touching someone's shoulder.They preached that I should be learning more about Islam, but Indonesia is not an Islamic country. https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=6029804724032685101#posts : However, I have been rethinking of my relationship with the hijab lately. It is only a piece of cloth - It does not change who I am. But when I put it on, things are different and I am self-conscious of it as well. IfI do not wear it, I can just be any solo female traveler. "it is nice to have space from hijab sometimes, because it becomes completely attached to your identity" She concluded.



No comments: